[Artemisia] Defender of the Sable Rose

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 00:45:04 CDT 2007

Unto the Populace of Artemisia

Well, since it's been, like, a week now and no one else has said it....

I personally would like to offer my most sincere and hearty congratulations
to His Excellency Michael on becoming the newest Defender of the Sable Rose.
(That's the semi-official title of the Kindom Rapier Champion for those that
don't know...)

Count Michael faced Defender Vilhelm Silberhammer in one of the best fought,
most honorable, and (most importantly) pretty final rounds for KRC that I
have seen in a long time.  Indeed the entire tournament (at least what I saw
between my own fights) was one of the cleanest and well fought rapier
tourneys that I have seen in a while.  The fact that we had a handful of DWS
and a few fingers worth of KSCA entered into the tourney also warmed my
heart.

I would also like to thank Mastadons Gryff and Azir, as well as Ladies
Redhawk and Ygrainne for giving their time in marshaling the fighters.

I can only hope that all the fighting that I see now that I am back in
Artemisia will look as wonderful as the Lords and Ladies vying for the honor
to protect King Gareth and Queen Sorcha.

I am, as always, in service to the Crown and Kingdom of Artemisia

THL Conchobhar mac Michil, DWS, etc.

(And as a personal note ... fighting to be Champion to the man who as
Prince, lo those many years ago, granted me my Award of Arms, and be my
first tourney in a year and a half, was ... a wonderful joy ... even without
winning the day.)

(Oh, and for the few wondering that I did not speak with at length at
Coronation ... yes, my Lady Wife and I are back in Artemisia for the
foreseeable future.  As to the reasons why ...... well, that's a story for a
later time.)