[Artemisia] We need teachers at Southern Regional Collegium!

Regis Johanns regis at inav.net
Wed Sep 19 17:47:26 CDT 2007

Greetings,
Here are two classes that I am prepared and willing to teach at the
upcoming collegium.   Please advise me if there is a requirement for any
paperwork or forms that I might need to submit.

Yis

Anton von Heidleberg
Mka: Regis Johanns

I would be willing to teach a class on making Penannular copper
broaches.  Duration 1 hour,
Class size up to 12,
Talk about history of this style of jewelry in period,  basic
metalworking techniques, tools needed ( how to make some of your own
basic tools) and a demonstration on how to make early period broaches.
Cost: $0

Would there be an interest in a class like this?
**

Second Class, How to make a Basic Bead Ring

Duration 1 hour

Class size:  6  at a time more then one session possibility if there is
interest.

Cost: $5 for materials ( Sterling Silver wire & Bead)
Materials needed:  Will be provided, however, I you have a favorite gem
or lampwork bead bring it and if it is suitable you may use it for your
project.

Students may use my tools or may choose to bring their own rosary or
round nose plier and wire cutter.

Objective is to make a simple but fun and elegant ring out of gemstone
bead or a lampwork bead.  There will be a discussion of variations of
style and qualities of different hardness and types of sterling silver
wire.