[Artemisia] Theft in Caid

Auraelia de Medici auraeliade at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 20 11:09:42 CDT 2007

Forwarded from another list:

Mistress Allaine de Beaumont of Glastonbury, a long-time Caidan had
her house recently burglarized in Hemet. It would appear that the thieves
were after jewelry as they took every necklace and earring she had
including all of her kingdom awards. The only item left was the very
large "chain of office" denoting her role as Baronial Exchequer (they
also left the baronial checkbook).

In her own words:

"What is most upsetting is the two Pelican Medallions that are gone.
One was carved bone that was brought to me from New Zealand by Master Damales.
The one that was completely irreplaceable was a large silver medallion, about 3 inches across an
unusually thick, on a thick silver chain. The Pelican is stylized in
almost art-deco way. It was made by Master Ambrose who made the first
set of Caidan crowns. I guess it was almost as old as Caid. I received
it from the ever kind and generous Master Hrorek who had it for a very
long time. I was hoping to pass on this piece of history to someone
someday but its gone now. (So sorry Hrorek, I feel I let you down.) So
if any of you see it on Ebay or other such places could you let me
know?

Thank You All,

Allaine
baronessallaine@ hotmail.com"._,___