[Artemisia] Collegium Class List

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 12:48:53 CDT 2007

THL Bethany wrote:
<snip list of nifty classes>

> If there are any classes missing, please let me know and I'll get it scheduled

Add to the list:

Period Roses and Modern Substitutions for SCA Gardeners - Aurora de Portugal

Lecture/Q&A with pictures, handout, and, if the weather cooperates, live flowers.
No limit on number of students. Bring note-taking materials.
Probably not the most interesting subject for young children.

Make a Really Cool Shield for Youth Combat! - Padruig MacTavish
Limit of 12 kids PLUS PARENT for EACH. (Attentive, physically coordinated teens can probably handle this on their own.)

$10 kit fee includes all pre-cut & drilled materials plus instructions to make a hard-foam shield with arm & hand grips suitable for SCA boffer/waster/youth combat.
Hands-on construction of the spiffy heraldic heaters designed by Lord Broka Vey. Once you know the basics, you can adapt them to just about any shape of shield you prefer -- round, square, teardrop, etc. -- as Padruig has for the Hoard of Arrows' Flight Pictsies.

One fully-present parent for each child enrolled must attend. This is *not* a little arts-n-crafts project that kids under 12 can make easily by themselves.

If you have any questions prior to either class, contact me.

Aurora de Portugal
Loch Salann
gardener, MOY,
general nuisance