[Artemisia] Tentative Southern Collegium Schedule

Valerie Scarbrough vscarbrough at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 29 23:17:40 CDT 2007

Greetings All,

At long last the schedule for Southern Collegium is finished!

I really have to blame (thank) all those Wonderful teachers who sent
(and sometimes re-sent and re-sent) the many classes that we will all enjoy this
next weekend for this taking so long.

The official count of classes is............................ drum roll............................46!!!!!

I can't tell you how happy this makes me.  The willingness to share knowledge in this Kingdom
is truly amazing!  The only problem being that there is NO way a schedule can possibly be made
that can allow us to take all the classes we would like to ...sigh...

Attached is the spread sheet showing the (tentative) schedule for the day.  I know
it starts early, but when you look at the wide array of interesting classes that are being offered,
you will understand why I didn't want to run even more of them concurrently.

Below is a complete list of all the class names that are included in the schedule to make
the abbreviations used on the spread sheet a little less confusing.

At Collegium I will have full lists of class and teacher names and will have a short description of each
class listed on the sign-up sheets.

I hope that all of you will be able to come participate and enjoy the extensive knowledge being
shared at the first Southern Regional Collegium!

LIST OF CLASSES:

1.   A Viable Means of Support -or- Why do I Need a Corset Anyway?
2.   To Top It All Off: Elizabethan Hats, Hairstyles and Headwear
3.   Making Clothing Choices (What TO Wear)
4.   Beginning Bellydance
5.   Lampwork Beads 1
6.   Lampwork Beads 2 (same class run twice due to interest)
7.   Philosophy of Garb for Newcomers
8.   Nicer Garb for Newcomers
9.   Let's Plan Your Next Period Feast
10. The WOW Factor in a Feast (What Makes a Feast Special?)
11. Acid Etching
12. Bobbin Lace (Please R.S.V.P. to mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com)
13. Nine Men's Morris (youth class)
14. Making a Penannular Copper Broach
15. Making a Basic Bead Ring
16. Introduction to Metal Thread Embroidery
17. Event Stewardship
18. Italian Renaissance Artists for Women's Costuming
19. Anyone Can Judge Arts and Sciences if They Can Read English
20. Stick Weaving
21. Making Sausage (please R.S.V.P. to wilhemina3 at yahoo.com)
22. Making Fresh Cheese (please R.S.V.P. to wilhemina3 at yahoo.com)
23. How To Be a GOOD Squire
24. An Overview of Italian Women 1400 - 1600
25. History of Fiber Arts (bring drop spindle if possible)
26. Persian Costuming
27. Fitness For Fighters
28. The Art of SCA War
29. Review of New Kingdom Rapier Rules Outlines
30. Why Archery is More Difficult than Rapier or Armored Combat (bring archery equipment)
31. Designing and Conducting an Archery Tournament
32. Advanced Archery Tournaments
33. Archery Equipment Range and Safety
34. Stick Weaving (youth class)
35. Making a Youth Combat Shield (youth class)
36. Basic Seamanship 1 (more details to follow)
37. Basic Seamanship 2 (more details to follow)
38. Basic Seamanship 3 (more details to follow)
39. Open Dance (all kinds of European Dance)
40. Beginning Calligraphy
41. Medieval Roses and Their Substitutions
42. Yell All Day and Still Sing at the Bardic That Night
43. Discussion on the Artemesian 50/50 Challenge
44. Pall-Mall (outside if the weather permits)
45. Bog Bodies (Kingship and Sacrifice in Early Ireland)
46. Irish Fairy Tales

Notes on Youth Classes:
There will also be general youth activities held in the youth classroom when youth classes aren't
being taught.
There will be no youth activities or supervision during lunch and dinner breaks.
As always, parental or adult supervision and assistance is greatly appreciated and/or required
for a child to participate in the youth classes.

Thanks to all the many wonderful people that are participating in any way,

HL Bethany of Windermere
Event Steward