[Artemisia] 16th century mathematicians and philsophy

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Fri Apr 11 08:31:50 CDT 2008

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Aghren<mailto:aghren at msn.com>
  Sent: Thursday, April 10, 2008 9:43 PM
  Subject: [Artemisia] 16th century mathematicians and philsophy

  I am wondering if anyone could shed more light on the Golden Number and
  Fibonacci's number. I am also active in a yahoo group on Brick (Bread)
  Ovens. A construction question was recently asked regarding the height of
  the door in relationship to the height of the dome. The answer came back at
  62%. But, this is what followed and I am very interested in following this
  thread.

  Take a look (it is a bit long) and comment.

  YIS,
  Aghren (aka the bread guy.)

  **The Fibonacci sequence is fun to play with--to figure out the next number in the sequence, all you have to do is add the preceeding **two numbers together.  I've played with using it a bit in a couple of knitting projects (purely modern), and I know it's possible to use **it in other fiber arts such as weaving.  Don't know about it's applicability for architecture, etc., although I do know that it's been **used.
  **When I used to make tents for a living, we had certain formulas that we used to determine the optimal peak height for a tent.....
  **--Maire