[Artemisia] Fletch, Foal & Frolic - Information on the Kingdom Equestrian Championship

Freydis the Good freydisthegood at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 16:51:53 CDT 2008

Greetings one and all citizens,

Calling on all those with skills at riding and all horse enthusiasts.

It is with great sadness that I announce our current Kingdom Equestrian
Champion has had to leave our fair Kingdom in hast!  Don't be overly
saddened though, it is to become a beast healer.  We are happy as we need
more healers, however, this leaves our Kingdoms Stables & lands unprotected
and in dyer need of a new Equestrian Champion.  I have heard rumors of
Viking Raiders close at the boarders of our fair lands and challenge all
that are able to make their way to *Arn Hold* to compete to find a new
Equestrian Champion and dispose of the raiders!

This year our EQ Championship will be open to ALL those interested ten years
of age and older.   *One need not HAVE to ride to compete*, however, the
faster your pace the more points you will score.  This year we have "mini"
horse options for those that would prefer to keep their feet planted on the
ground and still be able to take part in this test of horsemanship.  A one
hour instruction & training class is REQUIRED PRIOR to the Championship for
ALL those 10 years of age and older to become authorized Groundsmen/Handler
wishing to compete and/or be arena helpers.  You MUST be authorized to be in
the arena even if you are just helping.   Please contact ME (Freydis), your
EMIC for more details on the Class.  Children ages 10-14 wanting to
participate MUST be attended by a Parent through the ENTIRE class.  PARENTS,
if your child is 10 years of age, this is a one time class that will
authorize them to help us in the arena for up to 2 years.  ATTENDANCE IS
HIGHLY ENCOURAGED and there will be bribes of chocolate and/or caramel for
everyone in attendance.  The class will be held Saturday morning 8AM SHARP.
Please be sure to wear protective foot wear!

The challenge course will be themed as a Viking RAID.  The Vikings have
entered you lands and it's up to you to SAVE as much as you can!  Covertly
disguising yourself as a Viking Raider you must collect more bounty than the
real Raiders, capture slaves(rescue really) and be the first to get it all
safely back to your boat before being discovered!

Two separate courses will consist of several different obstacles and be
timed.  Obstacles to include beheading the enemy, woods trail, rescuing
either Princess Tianna or Prince Timmer, bridge crossing, fight & chop your
way through reeds, water crossing, kill the alert flag messenger (javelin
throw), collecting jewels & treasure and loading your horse, Princess Tianna
or Prince Timmer and bounty into a ship set to sail.  Extra points will be
given for those that build & bring their own weapons, saddle bags,
pageantry, presentation, safely rescuing TRH's and the most BOUNTY.

Rental horses are available; please email Freydis for price list and horse
availability & compatibility.  Reservations would be much appreciated by May
10th so we know how many horses to make available & ready.

*CHILDREN and the Equestrian AREA – working / watching / competing:*

There is a STRICT policy that any children under the age of 15 years old
MUST have a parent VERY CLOSE with them at all times when around the
Equestrian area.  *Also, any children that enter the arena that have not
been* *authorized as Groundsmen to help will be asked to LEAVE site NO
WARNINGS*.  If your child is participating in the Championship, Parents must
be at their side until they enter the arena.  Mischievous or unattended
children near the arena will just be either drawn & quartered OR added to my
list of involuntary slaves.

--
SMILES!!!
THL Freydis, BGB

~The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have.~