[Artemisia] Middle Eastern War Scenarios--May 9-11

Ellisif Sleggja elsbet1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 24 12:28:36 CDT 2008

Greetings!

COME TO MIDDLE EASTERN WAR!!  May 9-11. (Then, support BGL at the Renn Faire May 16-18.)  :-)

Our Knights Marshall, Rodrigo, has devised some interesting war games for the heavy armored combatants, all with a Middle Eastern theme-- come support the Shire in its new site this year at Willow Park in Lehi, Utah.

Defend the Oasis:   One group defends a round piece of land, attackers approach from all sides and only get three resurrections. Best time wins.

Capture the General: Both groups advance and try to get the others' general.

Burning Sands:  Field melee with a caveat! Marked areas on ground with kill you if you step on them or fall on them.

40 Thieves baddest thief free for all:  All fighters start with a bag of "gold".  Kill your opponents and take their gold. You must hold onto it. Dead fighters must go to sideline and get in line. If you drop some gold, it's lost. The first fighter in line gets to res, take the fallen gold and come back in. Fighters only have one sword. NO SHIELDS. This will be a timed event. When "TIME" is called whoever has the most "gold" wins.

Durg of the Desert Tourney: Single elimination tourney. Winner gets a nice prize!

Steal the Crown Prince's Prized stallion:  One small group of fighters must make it out of the stables with the Prince's horse. The Guards will be a limited number. No resurrections.

We'll announce the devilsh DUELIST scenarios devised by our Dona, KyneWynn the Kind, next week on the Aerie.

Come and dance at the Hafla sponsered by THL Megen on Saturday night after dark!  Lots of kids activities are planned, as well as an A&S Populace Choice competition (with a nice prize!)

There will also be a shire lunch fundraiser provided on site (which I believe will be some burgers and hot dogs with assorted accompaniments) in order to help fund the new shire/province pavillion.

Hope to see everyone there!

Full event announcement at:    http://www.arrows-flight.org/MEW.php