[Artemisia] UPDATE: Fletch, Foal & Frolic - Information on the Kingdom Equestrian Championship

Freydis the Good freydisthegood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 15:31:08 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I have had several inquiries on EQ weapons, what are needed and how to
build them for the Championship.

So... you will be needing, A mace, a sword, a javelin and something to
carry your bounty in.  I'd suggest saddle bags, but would do your best
to disguise them.

Below is a link from a fellow equestrian that was kind enough to share
their specifics on how to build a few EQ weapons as well as ideas on
how to build some of the gaming equipment:
http://www.duchytarragon.org/crafts/eqplans.html

I'd refrain from making or using the PVC though and use the link below
for spears & javelins.  I think this is the BEST link for javelins
I've seen so far:
http://www.constantinesarmory.com/make_a_spear.html

For a 4 sided Mace I suggest:
closed cell foam
hot glue or contact cement
heavy wall 3/4"PVC pipe or rattan - your choice of length &
weight(remember it is your wrist that will be taking
duct tape - of your favorite colors

Cut closed cell foam into 4 equal triangles, 4x4x6". Glue the 6 inch
edges to one end of the PVC pipe/rattan, to form flanges. Duct tape
the whole thing.

ALL Equipment MUST be inspected BEFORE the Championship.  Much like
the fighters, please be sure to present your weapons for inspection
prior to the Championship or they will not be allowed on the field.
Weapons inspections will be announced through camp.

There will be EXTRA points awarded in the Equestrian Championship to
those that bring their own weapons and barding.  I highly suggest
checking out the above websites and have LOTS of fun!!

--
SMILES!!!
THL Freydis, BGB

~The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
they just make the best of everything they have.~