[Artemisia] Open Mouth, Change Foot (Was: A Challenge idea fr om Atlantia)

Sondra Gibson sgibson at edulog.com
Wed Apr 30 14:35:05 CDT 2008

*****************
I've never understood that attitude.  There is nothing in the world that
makes me, as a Laurel, any better at competitions than anyone else in the
kingdom.  It's entirely an individual thing.  There are many non-Laurels who
have completed a college degree, and are *much* more experienced at doing
research and writing documentation than I will ever be.  I am no more
capable of learning a new skill or advancing in an existing skill than
anyone else is.  Being 'good' in one area doesn't make one an expert in all
areas.  (despite what some may think!  LOL!)  And telling a Laurel it is
unfair for him/her to enter a competition is no different than telling a
Knight that he/she is being unfair to others by fighting in a tournament.

Just my 25c worth...

Gefjon