[Artemisia] Castle Siege - Shire of SilverKeep

Linda Kinzy Rozalija_of_Silverkeep at msn.com
Fri Aug 1 08:10:53 CDT 2008

Castle Siege          Shire of Silverkeep   August 8, 9, 10

All across the highlands, and echoing down through the glens, a call to arms is heard. The feudal lords and their men grab op their weapons and answer the call. "To the keep, to the keep! We are besieged! Every man and strong lad' is needed. For the guards of the keep are sourly out numbered."

Tis' true Shire Silver Keep is under siege. All ye genteel peoples of the great realm of Artemisia we plead for ye to answer the call.

As ye may have gathered from the news, this will be a "siege weapon event". This will Consist of both "Large & small Engine" allowed. From table-top, to list legal size. Please see the knight marshals handbook of siege for applicable rules of siege combat.  There will be competitions for Distance Accuracy and if at the end of this, the target still stands, we will do a volley shoot to destroy our target, which will be a wooden castle wall.  In this we also hope to do an A&S judging of the engines that are brought, so strive for excellence in authenticity in our engines please.

Rapier fighters!  There shall be a rapier competition to determine the event champion as well as the Shire Rapier Champion.

Site will open on Friday at 3:00 P.M. and close Sunday at 1 P.M.

The site is wet.  No pets allowed.  There is potable water available. Merchants are welcome. Fires in above ground pits only - depending on fire restrictions.

Site is 10 minutes from Bozeman and last minute shopping.

Site fees:  Adults:  $12.00   Children ages 5 to 15: $5.00, under 5 are guests of the Shire.

Site fee includes a soup kitchen Friday evening.

Day fee:  $6.00   $3.00 surcharge for non-members

Please make checks payable to:  SCA, Inc. Shire of Silverkeep

Site directions:   Rocky Creek Farm   There will be signs. Take your best route to Bozeman, MT and connect with 1-90.