[Artemisia] Harvest War - update

Lady Flora lady_flora at msn.com
Sat Aug 16 18:27:00 CDT 2008

Greetings, Cousins!

Some of us have spent some time at the new site for Harvest War today, and
we just can't tell you how excited we are!  The site is MUCH larger with
many MANY options for camping.

The fighting scenarios are going to be FUN FUN FUN and varied.  There are
lots of woods and brush for ambushes and the like.

And remember that we will be serving breakfast in Town Square for the entire
populace from 7 to 9 AM on both Saturday and Sunday mornings.  So one less
meal for you all to pack!

Merchant's Row/Town Square is HUGE.  We will have AMPLE room for dining
areas, court, classes. A&S competition and merchants.  (There is still room
for more merchants, if anyone would like to get in touch with me about it.)
There is also a big fire pit in the middle of town square for evening
bardics.  The Bard of the Golden Zucchini will be held at this fire pit on
Saturday evening.

Fire restrictions:  as of this date, tiki torches ARE allowed.  But all
campfires will need to be in above-ground fire pits with a bucket of water
nearby in case of an emergency.  These restrictions could change drastically
in the next two weeks, so please keep checking the website.  We will post
any changes.

THL Bethoc and Lady Aurora will be heading up the children's activities for
us.  There is a lovely, shaded area set aside for this purpose.

There will be a small, informal court on Sunday evening for the purpose of
recognizing he winners of the Arts and Sciences, Bardic, and Merchant
Bantering competitions.  Following this court, we will be having a Grand
Ball - on the green - in the middle of Town Square.  The Ball is scheduled
to start no later than 8 PM.  All events, competitions and activities will
be posted to the website (if they aren't already) and will be heralded at
the event.

It was an agonizingly difficult decision to move Harvest War from our
beloved Mantua.  But we feel that this new site will become well-loved also.
We are grateful to the Utah Renaissance Festival Staff for working with us
on procuring and preparing this site for our use.

What else can I say?  It is going to be AWESOME!  There will be something
for everybody at Harvest War this year!  Hope to see you all there!

If anyone has any questions, please contact myself or THL Tamar off list and
we will do our best to answer them.

In Humble Service,

Lady Flora of Heronton

Co steward