[Artemisia] Estrella War - The Watch, Keeping You Safe at Estrella

Anita Challis anitachallis at cox.net
Sun Dec 21 10:03:57 CST 2008

The Watch – Keeping You Safe at Estrella War – seeks Volunteers
---------

The Watch (formerly known as ‘Security’) is a group of volunteers that
ensure the safety attendees, staff, merchants, and the general public by
monitoring activity during the event and making sure that site rules and SCA
policy are being observed.  If necessary, they will interact with modern
authorities to maintain order.  In addition, The Watch stores and maintains
an area for lost and found property.  Ultimately, The Watch helps provide
the atmosphere needed to create the Current Middle Ages by keeping a
watchful eye on the modern world. The Watch will be open and manned 24 hours
a day from opening morning until the Monday when the event site closes.  We
serve a vital role in the War.

Volunteers are always needed to assist with The Watch at Estrella War,
especially with the late night shifts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
nights.  We invite you and your friends to sign up to work The Watch shifts
individually or as a group. You can signup online with the Volunteer form;
(http://www.estrellawar.org/PlacesToKnow/VolunteerPoint.aspx) -- or at
Estrella at Volunteer Point or The Watch Pavillion.

SCA groups & Households – consider manning a 6-hour shift as a group, work
together providing valuable service to the war and have fun with your
friends!  Alternatively, The Watch would also appreciate any food donations
or leftovers that you may want to share with Watch volunteers.  Contact THL
Jerusha a'Laon (Johanna Garcia) 602-423-9203 jerushasca @ cox.net if you
would like your group to be involved with the Watch.

The Watch understands that everyone has obligations, as well as the right to
enjoy Estrella in their own time and provide what assistance they can at
their own discretion. We are all volunteers and we are generously providing
our time and energy to make this glorious War a reality.  Therefore we want
to make The Watch a fun and positive experience for everyone; to that
effect, this policy will be strictly enforced by The Watch organizers:
• All positions work a minimum of a 2 hour shift (excluding senior staff).
• Senior Staff work 6 hour shifts.
• Volunteers are to work a MAXIMUM of 8 hours per 24 hour period.
• Volunteers are to be relieved ON TIME.
• ***NO ONE WILL EVER BE ‘STUCK’ WORKING THE WATCH AT WAR.***

The Watch officially begins at 6am on Monday, February 9th 2009 and will end
at 8am on Monday February 16th, 2009. As explained above, shifts will be in
6 hour increments:
6 am to 12 noon
12 noon to 6 pm
6 pm to 12 midnight
12 am to 6 am
The final shift will be an 8 hour shift from 12 am to 8 am.

Contact THL Jerusha a'Laon (Johanna Garcia) 602-423-9203 jerushasca @
cox.net if you have questions

Dame Anita de Challis, OP
(Anita Challis)
SCA Internal Publicity for Estrella War XXV
anitachallis at cox.net

Estrella War XXV
25 years of Celebrating the Dream
February 9-16 2009