[Artemisia] Growing artemisias

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Feb 1 10:01:12 CST 2008

In a message dated 2/1/2008 8:55:45 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
elsbet1 at yahoo.com writes:

Greetings Mistress  Constance--

I have a dear friend who  has suffered from migraines and headaches for much
of her life; do you know if  using feverfew in tea is more effective than
using it in capsule  form?

This same friend has also found some temporary releif by rubbing  peppermint
oil on her temples--she describes it as good enough relief to help  her go to
sleep at night...

--HL Ellisif  Sleggja

I have heard that the capsule form is just as effective as the  tea.  In both
cases you have to take it daily to have a good effect.   But those that do
have noted that they don't have any more migraines at all  (unless they forget a
day).

However, the feverfew sekanjabin does act as an emergency relief.   Those
that I have given it to report that if they feel one coming on they take a
teaspoon of it and the migraine stops and goes away.

I don't suffer from them myself but do know that it works on sinus
headaches.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia