[Artemisia] Bottom-posting question (OOP)

belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com belladonna.difrancia at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 13:58:02 CST 2008

From: yumitori <yumitori at gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 6:25:01 PM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] the dreaded and horrible circlets...

A:
A:

being
less
tolerant
again...

--
Ron/yumitori

---- NEW MESSAGE! ----
From: belladonna <belladonna at yahoo.com>

I clearly see your points about bottom- vs. top-posting, dear list admin, but I have just a comment or two here--not in the way of argument, but possibly in the way of additional netiquette for the sake of easier comprehension. Way back when, in the early days of my email list participation, whenever I responded to a post, my nice email client would put a symbol (>) in front of all the quoted lines. Then it was easy for me to tell where quoted material ended and new material began. Nowadays, all the email clients I use seem to have become rather stupid. Sometimes they put a line next to quoted material, but sometimes my only clue that it is quoted material is the header at the top, like yours above. When people bottom-post in reply to such stuff, I can't always sort out where the quote ends and the reply begins, which is why I've come to prefer top-posting, personally. But it really WOULD be nice if information were in order. If we're all going to
 bottom-post, could we come up with some nice convention for indicating the transition? I tried one in this post.

*sigh* I miss the old days. The (>) made IN-posting much easier, too. Whose brainchild were the new email clients anyway?

Sincerely,
Belladonna