[Artemisia] Archery history

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Sat Feb 2 21:14:17 CST 2008

>Hello all;
>   Have you heard of this book and is it any good? I'm thinking of buying it.
The book is Toxophilus buy Roger Ascham  ISBN# 0866982868
>   I have been trying to find primary source documentation on archery for some
time if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them.
>   Thank you for any help you can give.
>                      YIS Robert the Lost

Robert,

Toxophilus is a good read. Roger Ascham was a tutor in the employ of Henry VII,
and a avid archer as was Henry and his daughter.

The original book was penned, in about 1545 I believe, and was the first treatise
on the subject of archery.

I'll respond with some other books and sources here in a little bit, that are
'nice' as well.

Godwin