[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 53, Issue 7

Eamonn MacCampbell celticdragon_68 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 19:55:08 CST 2008

<Hello all;Have you heard of this book and is it any good? I'm thinking of buying it. The book is Toxophilus buy Roger Ascham  ISBN# 0866982868I have been trying to find primary source documentation on archery for some time if you have any other ideas, I would love to hear them. Thank you for any help you can give.YIS Robert the Lost>

  I would say that this would defenatley be considered a promary source. The book is considered one of the first ever written on archery. I don't own a copy but have read bits and pieces through the years.

         Roger Ascham (1515-1568) was one of the most likeable of the       early humanists. He was Queen       Elizabeth's tutor, and is best known for his enlightened book       on education, The Schoolmaster.

  YIS,

  Eamonn mac Campbell

I may not be a religious man, But I play one on the weekends.