[Artemisia] Archery history

Lord Godwin FitzGilbert de Strigoil archergodwin at cableone.net
Sat Feb 2 22:17:49 CST 2008

One thing I forgot to include, as a helping point is this:

There is not much in the way of primary sources for archery.

The Mary Rose is a good one, and is where most of our modern knowledge of
longbows comes from.

The Holmegaard bow, and the Meare Heath bow, are other good sources of information.

So in light of there not being much direct info, you have to look for primary
sources of indirect information. Treatises on battles, monk's journals, books on
specific battles.

There is info out there, but we have to dig for it. :)

Godwin