[Artemisia] Estrella Last Minute Reminders

Artemisia Land Allocation artemisianland at inbox.com
Thu Feb 7 16:42:41 CST 2008

Hi, everyone.
This is my last email to you before I leave (at 4am tomorrow).  Don't forget to check the map at the gate or in the Kingdom Pavilion for your camp placement.  I am camping in Loch Salann if you need to find me.

Please don't forget the following site rules that will be in effect for Estrella War XXIV.

• GREY WATER:No dumping of any grey water or other debris into
the canals or within any camping area. Grey Water tanks will be
located at designated privy stations.
• FIRE EXTINGUISHERS: The Fire-Marshall requires that your camp
have a 2 lb- ABC rated (or greater) fire extinguisher outside each
tent in easy reach. We recommend also having one located by
each `kitchen' area, and fire pit.
• LITTER:Trash and ash receptacles are provided thoughout the
site. Please ensure that trash is placed in trash cans (not in ash
cans), and that ashes are cold to the touch when discarded! At the
end of the event, you are responsible for leaving your camp area free
of litter, and for hauling away large items like rugs and furniture.
This is critical if you wish the SCA to have use of the site for
future Estrella Wars!
• DIGGING AND TRENCHING: No trenching around encampments or
tents. No digging of "in ground fire pit".
• TORCHES/LANTERNS/FIRE ARTS: No open-flames are allowed,
and "fire arts" performances are prohibited. All torches and lanterns
must have a grill or mesh flue or be enclosed in some manner to
reduce the chances of sparks and embers.
• CAMP FIRES: Fires in camps must be attended and "off-the-
ground" a minimum of one foot (with all embers contained) to ensure
they are safe and of reasonable size. Fire pits must have a total
fuel area of 3 feet or less in diameter, and 2 feet or less in height
(Pinal County Clean Air Regulation). Bonfires are not permitted.
Large unattended campfires may be cause for expulsion from the event
without refund. Please keep flammable liquids (including all alcohol)
away from fires and other open flames. Ash cans are provided at privy
stations (ashes must be cold to the touch to be placed in an ash
can). Receptacles for ashes are clearly labeled . Please be sure they
are only used for disposal of ashes!

I will see you all on site!  If you need to contact me, please feel free to call.  My number is on the Kingdom Webpage (at the bottom of the Regnum page).  I will have my cell phone on until site opens on Tuesday (battery permitting).

~thea