[Artemisia] Four Dons walk onto a battlefield...

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 00:05:09 CST 2008

Yeah, this story might happen with Knights and squires, but an Artemisian
Don and cadet...never.

Basically, there are two distinct problems with it.
(1) The cadet answered on the first call from his Don.  That is just
completely unbelievable.  No good Artemisian cadet answers a call from their
Don on anything less than the calls of 'cadet', followed by SCA name,
followed by real name.  A really good cadet even ignores all that until the
call of 'hey @$$hole, it's a shame you'll never be a White Scarf because you
can't ever beat *me*'.
(2) The cadet turned around to deliver the 'F U'.  A well trained cadet
should be able to pinpoint their Don's boot with the orange rind by pure
echolocation without ever deigning to look at where their Don is standing.
They will, of course, still deliver the 'F U' for purely aesthetic reasons.

Then again, maybe this just my Don and his cadets...

Don Conchobhar mac Michil
cadet to Don Terrance Petard Cheredame, aka Tarkash
who has yet to subject himself to the horror of taking a cadet (though I do
need someone to make me new garb and fetch me drinks when I'm feeling
lazy...)