[Artemisia] Four Dons walk onto a battlefield...

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 12:10:21 CST 2008

On Feb 11, 2008 10:46 AM, Marten van Rosenveldt <kendofencer at yahoo.com>
wrote:

> My Dear Don Conchobhar,
>
> Using both French and Italian shows the depth that a cadet

See ... depth ... one of those crazy foriegn notions your good teacher has.
:)

> to a WS in Artemesia, or for that matter, a cadet to an Artemisian WS,
> should have.  Both of the phrases are essentially unique to their native
> tongue and cannot be expressed succinctly in English.

Special undefinable quality and making the hard look easy; simple enough in
English.   With the added advantage of not requiring non-rapier types look
up Castigleone. :)

> As to Maitre Guillaume's instruction, I want to have my fencing progress
> to the state of his, i.e., at the end of an intensive 3 hour practice, his
> singlet is damp - not sweaty.

Well the ability to one shot everyone before the echo of the marshal's lay
on has faded away does require less exertion and perspiration than bouncing
around like a rabbit on crack... it's a good level to aspire to.  I still
do... :)

> YIS, Marten
> Proudly cadeted to M. Guillaume

Don Con (who has been told by more than a few people that he's full of j'ne
se qua)