[Artemisia] Thanks from a Varangian, was Four Dons...

Dan Lind darthnapster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 14:03:15 CST 2008

On 2/11/08, Mike Bradley <connor.mac.michil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Special undefinable quality and making the hard look easy; simple enough
> in
> English.   With the added advantage of not requiring non-rapier types look
> up Castigleone. :)

Thank you greatly, good Don, for your fine translation.  This humble
Varangian has enough to deal with trying to understand local shirelings when
they spout off in some foreign whatsamahoogie.  It often seems that each
person, having chosen and studied their persona, then thinks that all other
Artemisians need to understand the minutiae of that culture.  I love
learning as much as, if not more than, the next man, but Castilian is not
the area I have chosen to focus on.  Therefore your fine and speedy
translation is very appreciated.  I hope to perform similar service
regarding the intricacies of Varyagi culture as soon as I learn more about
what those intricacies are.

BTW, if there are any out there who want to discuss varangianinity (being a
Varangian, the Varangian Guard, Byzantium, the Rus, etc.), I'd love to
chat.  Fish, I'm told that this means you.

Christian (who is greatly looking forward to seeing y'all at WAR)
--
Einarr the Christian Son of Håkon, GPA
Côte du Ciel