[Artemisia] Actual learning ... was 4 Dons

e busicomp unicornor at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 12 02:51:12 CST 2008

I must take exception to this one.  I have always taught beginners
with the modern parrys and attacks and ripostes I leave out right of
way and modern footwork.  This tends to give them a basic grasp of
fencing before getting into period terms and practices.   Once they
get the modern stuff down,  I start them fencing in the round and
using the off hand.  Of course when I started teaching rapier we were
still using modern epees and schlager hadn't been invented yet.

Don Rob. (ducking and parrying)

ps a Leftenant is obviously the exact opposite of a Rightenant