[Artemisia] Welcome Home from WAAAAR!

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 12:52:14 CST 2008

> On thing that didn't get mentioned on the rapier.> The scenario was decided on the number of surviving defenders at the end of each round.> They had 63, we I'm proud to say had 64! > So for anyone who thinks their presence at war doesn't count, I think this says it all.> Antoine
Aha. So that's why Don Azir's eyes lit up like twin suns when he heard I had acquired my first sword. :)
Now, with two donas nearby and spring coming on, I'm doubly inspired to start poking targets.

I don't believe this has been mentioned yet: Artemisia's cooking team won the Medieval Iron Chef competition...also by a single point. I'm told it was the bread that put us over the top.
Lord Aghren was equally twinkly-eyed.
And Lord Bjorn (whose patrynomic escapes me, but he has the llama farm south of Arrows' Flight) won the Tabletop Games division of the Arts & Science competition. His hand-carved chess board is a work of beauty.

Master Bart's knighting ceremony was quite touching. The turnout was huge; almost every Artemisian as well as a platoon of Romans attended.

Now on to laundry!

Aurora de Portugal
BLs