[Artemisia] arts and sciences

L.J. Richards richardslj at bresnan.net
Thu Feb 21 21:15:15 CST 2008

Can't remember the name of the class, but the Prof offered the following:
Is it an "art" for an 18-wheeler to navigate an obstacle course perfectly --
or is it a "science"?  In his opinion one could argue as persuasively for
one as the other since they were but 2 sides of the same coin.

from Webster's:  art -- 1a: skill in performance acquired by experience,
study or observation....
        science -- 1a: possession of knowledge as distinguished from
ignorance or misunderstanding
                b: knowledge attained through study or practice

Bronwen of Irenwold
(Watch the noses - if they get too far forward one trips over one's
feet....) (heehee)