[Artemisia] BSK Arts and Sciences Competition and Rapier Tournament

VLJ1930 at aol.com VLJ1930 at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 08:08:10 CST 2008

Barony of Sentinels' Keep
Arts and Sciences Competition and Rapier  Tournament

War is over! (…at least for another year?) As our fighters  make
their way home and slowly nurse their wounds and heal their  aches;
consorts, family and friends entertain themselves with  various
projects of the arts and sciences nature. Many days (and  nights)
have been filled with spinning and weaving, hammering and  polishing,
scribing and painting, boiling and baking, stitching and  b-----ing…
(blush)

Now it is time for all clans, tribes and families  to come together in
the valley of the Keep on the banks of the Five Rivers to  celebrate
the coming of SPRING.

It is time to be PROUD and display the  fruits of our labors. It is
time to proclaim one among us as "Champion of the  Arts and Sciences
of the Barony of Sentinels' Keep"! Everyone is welcome to  bring A&S
items to be displayed and judged but only a member of the  Barony will
be declared `Baronial Champion'. Anyone wishing to become  the
Champion must enter a minimum of 4 entries from 2 grand categories.
We  will follow the Kingdom of Artemisia rules and judging criteria.
But be  cheered… there will also be "Overall Champion", "Populace
Choice" and  "Novice" awards that are open to all. And wait… there's
more! There will be  special prizes too! (Contact MoAS for more
details, forms, etc.)

It is  also time to be entertained by the prowess and cunning of those
who practice  the art of the duel and rejoice as one is
proclaimed "Rapier Champion of  Sentinels' Keep"!
ALL are welcome to enter!

Challenge from the  Reigning Champion…

Let it be heard throughout the kingdom and the world;
Spring Feast Holds  the Baronial Rapier Champion Tourney and I, Senor
Diego de la Mar, the  current reigning Champion of The Barony of
Sentinels' Keep, Challenge one and  all with the guts to lift steel
and show what sort of courage runs through  their veins to attend that
it may decided who will reign for one year as my  rightful successor.
As the Champion I am granted the right to decide the new  tourney and
thus I have decided to reveal the format of the contest not  until
those who would reign present themselves upon my battlefield,  as
surprise is my prerogative. If you would know, if you would seize
the  day and make it your own, I'll be there waiting.
~Senor Diego de la  Mar~

It is time to feast and to bring your best and tasty dishes to  share
with the appreciative populace. We may not proclaim you a  `Feast
Champion' but we will claim you `Friend'! (See Feast  planning
information below)

It is a time to barter and purchase lovely  items brought from far and
wide for our now legendary `Arts and Sciences  Auction' and also from
our supportive and clever vendors. Thank you in  advance for bringing
your generous donation of items suitable for use in the  SCA. (And
don't forget your money pouches either!)

But all may not be  as quiet and restful as one may wish for…be
forewarned!  And please, do  not stray too far from the baronial enclosure…

March 22, 2008 Saturday  10:00 am to 11:00 pm Missoula KOA Community
meeting room

Site  Fee-$5.00 ($3.00 surcharge for non SCA members) includes a light
lunch.   Children under 12 are half price.

Feast Fee-All Barony members to provide  a dish that will feed at
least 10 people.
All out of town visitors may  provide a dish if they would like or pay
a Feast Fee of $10.00 (Feast Hall is  limited to 60 diners)

All checks will be payable to BSK SCA.  Inc.

Feast and Kitchen Crew coordinator---Lady Ygrainne _lexiemarie at montana.com_
(mailto:lexiemarie at montana.com)

Rapier  Tournament---Senor Diego de la Mar-Warranted Rapier Marshal
_rapierfighter at hotmail.com_ (mailto:rapierfighter at hotmail.com)

A  &S Competition---Lady Vigdis MoAS, 406-549-6536 (message machine)
or  VLJ1930 at ...
and Mistress Iduna Current Baronial A&S  Champion

Children's Activities---HE Deirdre of Kerry _deirdre_alice at yahoo.com_
(mailto:deirdre_alice at yahoo.com)

Feast  Recipe Planning meeting---Alphabetical dish assignments will be made
from the  categories of meat, starch, veggie, sweet.  Contact Lady Ygrainne for
 more information.

Event Steward---Lady Vigdis, 406-549-6536 (leave  message) or
_VLJ1930 at aol.com_ (mailto:VLJ1930 at aol.com)

For  Gold Key: Castellan---Dederick of Huntington, 406-721-8820 or
_archer1229 at aol.com_ (mailto:archer1229 at aol.com)

Missoula KOA  3450 Tina Avenue Missoula, MT 59808
_http://www.missoulakoa.com/_ (http://www.missoulakoa.com/)
Ph: 1-406-549-0881 or  1-800-562-5366 (Toll Free) Fax:  1-406-541-
0884

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)