[Artemisia] Taking care with herbs

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Wed Jan 2 12:00:54 CST 2008

Here's the list of the big bad guys for Idaho, but the kicker is to
remember is that anything that is "not wanted" is a weed. Even if it is
a native plant, ranchers may not want it in their fields. Mostly cause
critters may eat it (see HE Gefjon's note on poisonous plants, larkspur
is one of those btw), or they may be doing something specific with land
use (ie, weed-free hay.)

Idaho Weeds List:
http://www.agri.state.id.us/Categories/PlantsInsects/NoxiousWeeds/watchl
ist.php

If it is the Uprising site, get with His grace Alan...depending on the
proposal he may be okay with it, but ultimately as landowner it is his
call. I know he wouldn't want it in his hayfield or pasture.

Juliana