[Artemisia] Taking care with herbs

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Wed Jan 2 12:13:47 CST 2008

In a message dated 1/2/2008 11:08:00 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,
sgibson at edulog.com writes:

Larkspur  is highly toxic to all livestock and without even asking, I am
*sure* that  Duke Alan would not want it on the site.  Hollyhocks I'm not
sure of.  I'd have to look them up.

Any site that is used for hay  production is probably not some place that you
would want to introduce  *any* seeds or plants of any kind.  For sure you
would want to talk to  the land owner first.

Gefjon

Hollyhocks are part of the marshmallow family and not poisonus - they  are
however rather invasive and I doubt that any landowner would want them mixed  in
with a cash crop.  However, they might have an area set aside where they
would appreciate such help.  I am recalling the site at Lava Hot Springs  where
we put in an herb garden for them one year as a part of their  "village".
(Actually it was right up next to their house and outside the  "office" window and
they said it made opening the window a much more pleasant  thing).

So don't plant hollyhocks in a field but do ask the landowner if there is
any area where they would like to have such things planted.

Mistress Constance de la Rose, OL
Barony of Loch  Salann
Kingdom of Artemisia