[Artemisia] Taking care with herbs

Allen Hall earlalan at srv.net
Wed Jan 2 15:01:47 CST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sondra Gibson" <sgibson at edulog.com>

> Larkspur is highly toxic to all livestock and without even asking, I am
> *sure* that Duke Alan would not want it on the site.  Hollyhocks I'm not
> sure of. I'd have to look them up.
>
> Any site that is used for hay production is probably not some place that
> you
> would want to introduce *any* seeds or plants of any kind.  For sure you
> would want to talk to the land owner first.
>
> Gefjon

Mistress Gefjon,

Thanks for that post.  You are right on the money.

We are very open to actual "improvements" on the Uprising site, but those
will be very carefully controlled.

About a week after Uprising is over, many horses arrived, spending their
time munching the grass.  The year before Uprising we baled the grass hay
up.  So yes, the site still is a "farm", and all improvements will have that
in mind.

Please just ask away if you have ideas.  We want to make this a really nice
destination place for SCA activities (as well as other types of activities).

Thanks,  Alan