[Artemisia] drive safe

Dan Lind darthnapster at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 14:10:51 CST 2008

Hello all,

Greetings from an official worry wart.  A colleague of mine just sent this
email my way.  According to my colleague, the vehicle in question was a
brand new 2008 truck on the road for the first time.  If any of you want the
pictures of the wreck, zap me a line and I'll send you the whole email.  I
know there a several events coming up which will require long drives.
Everyone please drive safe this winter season.  We need you guys.  Alive and
late is always better than dead on time

Christian

--
Einarr the Christian Son of Håkon, GPA
Côte du Ciel

Hello all!
I just wanted to remind everyone that even on "good" roads in the cold
months black ice is still there and can be disastrous.
The following pictures are of our new truck Dec 23, 2007. We were not
speeding, and the roads were good.
We were both wearing seatbelts and that I know saved us.
We hit the ice on the first bridge west of  Kemmerer on the ramp going to
Evanston, the truck slid 180 degrees and we hit the guard rail on the
passenger side, rolled on to the top and slid 20-30 feet upside down and
uprighted. I was buried to my neck in snow, ice and glass.
No one called the accident in, and no one stopped. Finally, 20 minutes later
after my 4th attempt at 911 we had help.
Please as you drive be careful, wear your seatbelts ALWAYS, and if you
happen to see or come upon an accident, I know you will stop to help, or at
least call it in.
I hope everyone had a great Holiday. We had the best...... We are alive and
well.