[Artemisia] Making Fighting More Fun

Cindie Green illoraofthewestlea at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 13 11:45:09 CST 2008

Okay..........
You could have an in garb tourney/fundraiser for fighter practice; you could have the outdoor cooking guild (if there is one) cooklunch at a modest price for those attending practice, fighter or non-fighter; you could have a burger BBQ at brigade/Kingdom practices once a month with a charge to cover costs; you could have  collegium day at fighter practice with a few hands on classes or just one class; you could have a largesse making day in conjunction with fighter practice; you could have demo/practices once every few months and hit high traffic areas the week before in garb and armor and handout fliers, and then put on a real show at the demo; you could have guild meetings at practices; you could have youth combat practices at fighter practice. You could hand out free beer.... oh no, wait you couldn't do that! :?)

All of these help bring in people who might not otherwise come and people don't usually attend things alone. The more people you attract the more fun and the more others passing by want to know what's going on.  And if you have a good Châtelaine they are at weekly practices with fliers in hand just looking for an ear to bend. Fighter practice doesn't have to be for just the fighters ( unless it's really cold out, then you guys are on your own!).  It can be a social event every week if the group puts out the effort to go.

Just a few thoughts off the top of my head.

Illora