[Artemisia] From Abbey Pantaloni Inzuppati

TClayton mightyleo at xmission.com
Sun Jan 13 16:47:08 CST 2008

Posted with reservations....

"May Blessings and good tidings be upon all who read this missive!
    Dear Nobles of the realm,
    Today the sun breaks the clouds, and turns red as blood as it sets in the West! We fear that this can mean only thing! It was a yellow burn day.... No wait! War is on the horizon!
    We the good brothers and sisters of  Pantaloni Inzuppati Abbey in the holy mountains of Artemisia are here to do our part and bring all that remains of the fruits of our labors to the Estrella War! Those fruits left  over from a harsh winter, and voracious Norman soldiers, being one half of a dried radish and a flagon of wine that turned brother Tiberius blind...
    So unto the Kingdom, we beg the rich and generous nobles to share what they have as we celebrate our future victory at Estrella! There we shall also celebrate the rising of the kind Lord, Stephan Schwartzwald, to the elevation of  the Order of the Pelican
   Bring drink from your cellars, breads from the hearth,  cheeses from your larder, any other goodies you can spare (monks don't stay fat on prayers! We're starvin') and aid us in our endeavor to bring joy and lightheartedness, and really full bellies, to the horrors of the battle field at Estrella war.  And pray that a few Normans don't make it back to dine at the Abbey! Or at least that they become Vegans, either way works for us....
    Pax ,
    Brother Pippery Pipin of Pistres "

    If this keeps up, some things around the abbey could just catch on fire.... That would be a shame...
---- Count Ralph bras-de-fer Bigod