[Artemisia] Weekly Collegium

Zafirah Tahreer Bint Al Riyah zemlar at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 17:14:34 CST 2008

To the Gentles of Loch Salann,

I currently live in the Loch Salann area and I am
interested in sponsoring a weekly collegium in my
home.  In the past, it was common practice to hold
madrigals’ and musicians’ practice as well as period
game tournament activities at the fighter practice
location.  Dance classes as well as limited drumming
classes have also been conducted at fighter practice.
This has been a great opportunity for new members to
the group to get involved.  But it has never given
interested fighters the opportunity to contribute or
enjoy the opportunity to learn something other than
fighting.  And when the winter location has had
limited space, the classes have interfered with the
purpose of the meeting: to practice fighting.

So I wish to propose an alternative.  One night a week
other than Wednesday or Thursday, we could hold a
class on any topic the group would like to address.
Documentation, sewing fast and easy war garb, getting
started with a  persona, black work, knot work, wood
carving, building a simple gorget, designing a device,
lace making, calligraphy, illumination, you name it,
if someone is interested in teaching or learning, I
would be happy to offer a place to hold the classes.
I have a large back yard in warm weather and a
moderate living room in cold.  I think my focus would
be giving new members a source for getting started but
after over 15 years in the Society I discover new
items of interest everyday that I would also love a
chance to learn about.

So my question is weather there is any interest from
the members of the Barony either to attend or to
teach?  Please feel free to contact me off list at
zemlar at hotmail dot com.