[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

John and Julie Neil thomasandadria at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 22:09:19 CST 2008

Greetings My Most Loved Artemisians

This has been something I have been very quiet about.  However since we have been asked for our opinions, here you go.
And remember Adria and I would not be who or what we are, without any of you.
(this is kind of hard)
In our beginning, in the SCA, 1984 (I started a few years earlier) you did not need to be a member to "play".  You did however to be to hold office, fight in Crown Tourney, to be  King, Crown Prince, Prince, Tanist, Baron and there Consorts   (These are also offices as we understand it).  I would dare say we may have been the poorest monetarily Prince and Princess Artemisia ever had.
This I so remember, for it was at that time we could not afford to be members.  When the non-member fee came up.  We paid the extra dollar or so for not being members when we went to events.   I believe that the pay to play issue may be a part of  our decline in  people  not  coming and enjoying our company  in this wonderful life some call "The Game" or "The Dream"
If more insight is needed please contact me directly.

Yours in Service to the Dream
Sir Thomas