[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 12:01:35 CST 2008

Our Munificent At- Large Grand Council Member Mistress Therasia did a wonderful job of asking us all to be nice to each other, and polite in our responses, and not to start a "flame war", and telling us that the BoD wants input on changing membership pricing.   She asked us to think about it and respond.  What she didn't tell us, perhaps because the BoD didn't tell her, is **why** we're discussing changing the membership fees.

So, my response is "explain why you feel it necessary to change it before you ask us if we agree with it."

Right now you can attend as a casual member, not pay the membership fee, and it's fine, you just have to pay the extra $3.00 per event, which as Tanglsis (okay, Theirron) pointed out is cheaper than a membership until you get to 12 events a year.  The only people that *must* pay for a membership are those that need/want to be covered by the insurance, i.e. officers and fighters, and those receiving awards (why one must be a member to get an award is beyond me, but there it is).  I think the current system works just fine, the last time I looked at the Corporate Financial Report we seemed to have plenty of money, so again the question is if it ain't broke, why fix it??

Morgan (no the other other one)