[Artemisia] Dreaded & horrible circlets

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 21 12:23:47 CST 2008

I think whats chasing people off from the SCA are rules and red tape.  I understand the need for safety rules and legalities for money, but lets simplify the things we can.

  I'd also like clear date parameters for what's acceptable in the SCA.  If we don't have a firm  limit for personas we'll have cave girls, Sailor Moon, and regency gowns soon.  We've gotten too inclusive in our quest to please everyone.  600-1600 somewhere in the "Known World" is inclusive enough- we need decide on a date and stick to it.  If 1000 years ain't broad enough for you, join another group or form your own.  I'm okay with the "attempt at garb" premise; everyone grows at their own pace.

  The big one for Artemisa is fixing the calender.  I know this is being worked on, and when it's done we'll all be able to go to more events.  Whoopie!

  I'm also okay with bottom posting.  It's Sir Yumitori's list and he sets the rules.  He's a volunteer who's doing the Kingdom a service.  If everyone replies the same way it makes it easier to read.  It's hard figuring out each time where the post starts; especially in digest form.  As long as I don't have to change my two spaces after a period I'm doin' good!  :)

  If you disagree with me, come tell me in person at Twilight in Valhalla (hint hint).

  Esther/Arwen