[Artemisia] Feeling Older than dirt

L.J. Richards richardslj at bresnan.net
Mon Jan 21 20:52:11 CST 2008

Oh my frst Constance,
In our museums we have things 2,000 years old that we can still read, turn
the page without it falling apart, leave the book sitting on the shelf
properly, etc.  I also have in my museum documents less than 50 years old
that we have photocopied and photographed because the original is literally
falling apart.  I forget how many thousands of books every year disappear
from the national libraries around the world because of bad paper let alone
CDs, DVDs, etc.  These will not last as long as the black and white
photograph of 100 years ago.  The "gold" standard for CDs etc. is in your
pocket, not on the disc.

HE Bronwen
(m/k/a/ Curator)

****>