[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:46:50 CST 2008

On Jan 21, 2008 2:13 PM, Kim Rule <kimrule at cableone.net> wrote:
> I get the feeling that one of the things on the mind of the BoD is those
> of us who participate in what they think are "risky" parts of the game.
> Such as...I am an equestrian...I play in the equestrian games.  I am
> required to have a membership to do so.

> My question is this, what is in it for us?

> Una

Is it still the case that events that have equestrian activities are
required to carry additional insurance? Do you, as an equestrian, have
to pay additional fees which are sent directly to Corporate?

If the answers are 'Yes' and 'No', then *that's* what is in it for
you. Certain activities, however an essential part of the Society they
are, carry inherently more risk for the organization. That risk costs,
usually in the form of insurance and/or lawyers.

We can assume that the paying members of the SCA are willing to cover
the total expense for everyone, including the many who cannot or will
not pay their share. We can charge everyone, through either membership
or non-member fees. We can require that those who incur more cost to
the Society pay a portion of that cost. We can insist that everyone
pay an equal share.

But one way or another the money has to come from somewhere.

--
Ron/yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php