[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

Kit aussie at gemstate.net
Tue Jan 22 08:03:29 CST 2008

I am in agreement with some of what already has been said.  I agree that
membership for most societies is just what is done.

I see the SCA is more of the organisation where anyone from any background
low or high can be part of and be equal too any.  I know this first hand.
Many times for 9 yrs we wanted to play but couldn't afford the trips or even
to go to meetings but things became better kids growing and where we could
to do things, fees were paid.

As to being a member and getting awards, I see so many that are not members
that don't get the awards yet do exactly what the others do, it is a shame
that these good gentle folk have to miss out.  Where the membership I would
like to see is if an insurance can be offered as Bethoc said for those
fighting like the schools with their sport activities, from yr to yr.  We
are a strong society, even though a non profit, I am sure that some kind of
arrangement could be done to where those of lower income could purchase
insurance for events only.

My two bits worth
Cathryn Anne