[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

BECKY LEISHMAN leishman10 at msn.com
Tue Jan 22 08:03:54 CST 2008

Dame Thea said:

Not all Kingdoms require memberships to be authorized as a fighter or to receive awards.  The fact that we do in Artemisia is *not* the norm Society-wide.  Do you feel that it works here?

My comments:

Very interesting,

Does anyone know why we do while others don't?  Do they require membership to serve as officers, or do they only limit that requirement to specific offices with a higher level of accountability like baron/baroness, seneschal, exchequer?  I'd be very curious to know who does versus who does not.
We would probably not know why they don't, but it would be nice to know why we do.

Bethoc