[Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 12:59:47 CST 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: BECKY LEISHMAN <leishman10 at msn.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:03:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Grand Council discussions

Dame Thea said:

Not all Kingdoms require memberships to be authorized as a fighter or to receive awards.  The fact that we do in Artemisia is *not* the norm Society-wide.  Do you feel that it works here?

My comments:

Very interesting,

Does anyone know why we do while others don't?  Do they require membership to serve as officers, or do they only limit that requirement to specific offices with a higher level of accountability like baron/baroness, seneschal, exchequer?  I'd be very curious to know who does versus who does not.
We would probably not know why they don't, but it would be nice to know why we do.

Bethoc

IIRC it's one of the things that we carried over or "inherited" from Atenveldt.  I do know that it's been that way for almost my entire time in the Society, and half of that was in Atenveldt, so....

Morgan