[Artemisia] Feeling Older than dirt : period & non response

Andrea Waddell aravis227 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:16:03 CST 2008

>Who remembers any more the feel of shelling peas?

I just had to jump in here.  I'm 26 and I remember shelling peas, after growing them in our backyard garden.  I've dug onions out of the frozen ground to use them while making dinner.  I remember weeding that garden for freaking HOURS with my mom.  It felt like hours at least, it was only a little garden in the corner of our standard back yard.  I wore hand smocked dresses when I was little.  I was handed my first embroidery hoop at about age 5.  I started sewing doll clothes by hand at about 8, which was around the same time that I sat down to a sewing machine for the first time.  I was given my first sewing machine at age 9.

Granted, I'm not the norm, and people my age who are like me are definitely a dying breed.  But we're still around. :)

-Maysun