[Artemisia] weigh in

Dan Lind darthnapster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:08:02 CST 2008

Hey Ya'll,

Just giving my two cents on recent issues.  In descending order of apparent
issue intensity:

1) I'm glad to know that bottom posting is preferred by the list admin.
I've been on the list for some time and had started wondering about it.
Though I do find it funny that this heated debate on computer etiquette is
on a list for a group that is pre-renaissance.  I bet Constantine didn't
care about this stuff.  But I will do my best to remember what is preferred
on this list.  Don't yell at me if I forget though.  The whole
flies/honey/vinegar thing.

2) I don't see that there is any need to change the way membership costs
work.  Though I guess it would be nice to see foreign kingdoms fighters have
to pay dues just like our steadfast dues-paying fighters.

and 3) Please, no metal circlets.  I wore a leather one years ago.  They are
way too uncomfortable to be worn by people who don't have to.  Come on, you
know I'm right about this one.  Crowns and the like are for people who reign
over things.  We make them wear big heavy crowns so that when they are done
reigning they won't want to do it again.  Besides which, who wants to have
to pay for a circlet when they are new to the group.  And if I got one, my
Laurel would want me to make it myself, and I've got so much other cool
stuff I'd rather do.

YISTTD,

Christian

--