[Artemisia] Medieval Technology: Beware the Wiki!

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 22:02:09 CST 2008

> Unfortunately, the above article is a good example of the
> downfalls of the Wikipedia.

Psst. Therasia. It's a wiki. If it's wrong, you can fix it.

> Instead of this wiki page, might I suggest starting with the
> medieval technology website at New York University? I think the
> different in quality will be immediately apparent from the
> treatment of sources.  The NYU site is at:
> http://scholar.chem.nyu.edu/tekpages/Technology.html
>
> ttfn,
> Therasia

Now see? I knew that if I posted a readily accessible page, one of two
things would happen. The info might have turned out to essentially
correct, in which case folks would have a good starting point. Or the
info might turn out to have major errors, and then someone would post
better sources without me spending hours and hours trying to find
them. (I would have placed a bet on who that 'someone' would be, but I
doubt I would have found any takers.)

So my work here is done...

--
Ron/yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php