[Artemisia] Feeling older than dirt

Jason Mohler darkside at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 23 09:53:33 CST 2008

On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 08:36:43 -0700
  "Higgins, Elaine" <Elaine.Higgins at mso.umt.edu> wrote:
> 	A class revolving around the concept of "older than dirt" could
> be lots of fun!  You would want to have numerous presenters, and might
> want to include mention of years in the SCA (for experience), other
> kingdoms lived in (for interesting variety), as well as what existed/was
> invented by when.  It might be done "in persona," although that could be
> tricky for some of the inevitable discussion.  But yes, let's do it!

What might be better than years in the SCA (and better story telling) would be
mentioning some major occurrence your first year (or early on), something
like, "Yeah, I remember that first year, when Duke Alan got Squired." or
something along tose lines.  Gives a lot better feel for history than just,
"yeah, way back in 1989" or whatever.

> 	Iduna

Matheus