[Artemisia] Some clarification of the Grand Council Discussions

Michael the Loud hanhebin at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 23 14:26:24 CST 2008

> I believe that is what we are agreeing to when we
> sign the waiver to get our blue cards (or at every
> event if we do not get a blue card).  If this is the
> case, then Milpitas has a signature from roughly
> everyone attending any official event since the
> policy began.  Your signature means that you cannot
> claim medical bills against the SCA.  And the effort
> to gain such documentation would certainly give
> them precedence to deny paying any medical bills
> for people who sneak in without paying or signing
> the waiver.

According to the Utah Supreme Court a waiver doesn't
entirely protect an organization.  The recent ruling
stated somebody could sue despite signing a waiver
under very specific situations.  Just because you
signed a waiver doesn't mean you can't sue the SCA.
The fact that the Utah Supreme Court rule on the issue
should prove that point.

A waiver also doesn't protect against the mundane who
has not signed that waiver or against that person not
participating in that event.

Michael