[Artemisia] WAS: the dreaded and horrible circlets, NOW: Top Posting vs. Bottom Posting

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 14:43:40 CST 2008

> > Lets let this lump of horseburger fall off the list.
> >
> > My 2p, Hargrove the Wanderer.
>
> Feel free to 'fall off the list' yourself if your stomach for
> moderator requests is so weak.

I've been taken to task for my response to Hargrove the Wanderer and
told among other things that my response was not befitting a knight. I
won't quote from a private e-mail, but I will post my response here
since I do see that my advice and line of thinking that led to it
might be a bit obscure.

---

Let's try it this way -

The rules are the rules. If you don't like the rules, you can muster
well-reasoned counter-arguments as to why the rules should be changed.

Or you can bitch.

Mr. Sunderlin chose to bitch.

Having failed to convince me of the worthiness of his position, and
stating that he was 'sickened' by the insistence on some basic
courtesy on the mailing list, I see but two options open to him.
Remain and continue to be sickened by the list's rules ...

... or leave.

I reminded him that the latter option remains available to him.

As to whether doing so was 'knightly', I could go into the differences
between the 'perfect gentle knight' of later romances and the rough
warriors of William Marshall's time. I could even compare and contrast
the knightly paradigm of Europe and the Code of Bushido.

But really, I was writing as a moderator, not a knight. Mr. Sunderlin
decided to post rudely in objection to my rules, which I do not think
are excessively draconian. I chose to respond in kind, as is common on
this thing called the Internet. I at least did not call anyone any
names. I simply showed him the door, so that if he is so inclined he
may use it.

---

(See? I can write right pretty iffn's I got a mind to...)

--
Ron/yumitori

Not all who wander are lost,
http://www.geocaching.com/

Loyal worshiper of Ashtara (Cha Cha Cha!)
http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/index.php