[Artemisia] The SCA's Insurance

KATHLEEN COBURN crippledkat at msn.com
Wed Jan 23 19:23:32 CST 2008

> From: cat at rocks4brains.com> To: artemisia at lists.gallowglass.org> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:08:36 -0700> Subject: [Artemisia] The SCA's Insurance> [Big snip because my e-mail wants to top-post by default and I just have a minor thing to say.]> > Anyway, I hope that this helps explain what liability> insurance is and how it works (or doesn't work) to > protect the officers and corporation of the SCA.> > How did the SCA get to the point to needing liability> insurance? Easy: we couldn't get event sites in certain > law-suit-happy states without it.> > ttfn> Therasia
Thank you for this information.  In all of my years of playing this is the first time I have seen the insurance bug-a-boo question explained simply and well.  Plus, you have also addressed the problem of why officers should hold memberships.  Maybe someday I may be able to afford membership again and start playing again; until such time I enjoy the discussions (both serious and fun) I find on this board from people who I hope to meet in person sometime.

Lady Q Kat - trying to walk away from the midden pile now