[Artemisia] Truffle Question

KATHLEEN COBURN crippledkat at msn.com
Thu Jan 24 14:48:46 CST 2008

I have seen mention of truffles on this list and have a question that the cooks of this beautiful kingdom might answer - how, when or where does one use truffle vinegar?  I can find recipes for truffle oil, but none for truffle vinegar.

A dear aunt gave my mother and I a small glass vial (in the shape of a pig) containing a small amount of truffle vinegar.  I adore the vial and, I suspect, the contents are a bit too dear in cost to just either use willy-nilly or to throw out.  Along with the 300 or so bottles, jars and vials of various spices and herbs, I would like to be able to use it for making something edible.  Or do I truly have something there is no use for?

Lady Q Kat - trying to get her cooking muse back to work