[Artemisia] Uprising site idea: memorial/vigil "chapel"

Archer1229 at aol.com Archer1229 at aol.com
Sun Jan 27 22:23:20 CST 2008

I've had this idea since the trip home from last years' Uprising and I  think
it time to present it.
Recent posts have reinforced the idea that we have a history filled with
fond memories, however, our organization is large enough hardly a year goes by
that we don't loose dear friends along the way.

Therefore I am proposing some kind of duel purpose memorial area to sca'rs
who have passed, but could also be used as a vigil area/chapel (for  lack of a
better word) for our peers.

I'm not sure what the limitations of the site are, a garden would be
impractical, so a permanent (or even portable structure) would be in  order.  It
would have to be fairly maintenance free.

A wooden structure would deteriorate quickly in that area, so I'm thinking
something masonry.

I was envisioning something with names on walls, peers having the  three
inside walls.  The door area into the "chapel"  could have  a timeline of our
Royalty.

I realize this could take years, but perhaps we could start the  process,
maybe with design ideas discussed at this  years'  Uprising.  Perhaps each peer
group would design it's own  wall.

Another idea from my wish list, but the resourcefulness of the people in  the
SCA never ceases to amaze me, maybe if we put our heads together this too
could become a reality.

My two pence worth
HL Dederick of Huntington